Saturday, October 1, 2022

Birthday Girl Cards


 So I haven't posted here in...when?? No need to always say that but I do not keep up like I should. I am still living and breathing, 😅and thinking about and planning art. This whole year I have been busy with other things and have not done nearly enough artwork to make me happy. But I did start 2022 with a plan to make hand-painted watercolor birthday cards for a lot of my friends this year. And so far, I have painted over 60!!! Wow! I did not realize I had done that many, and the year is not over yet! 😄 

I started out tracing each design fresh onto the watercolor paper card, then decided to print it out to save time and frustration. To make each card, I have to first cut my watercolor paper to 8.5x11 inches, then feed one by one into my printer. The paper is pretty heavy and this printer can't handle more than one at a time. Then after the outline is on the paper, I have to again cut the paper to the card size, which is about 5x7 inches after folding in two. Only then can I start putting the paint to the paper. I have made so many and none are ever exactly the same! My husband says I should take photos of them and just print  cards that way, but I wanted this first year to be all hand-done. I have started shooting pictures in hopes of one day maybe printing them out, and maybe selling them??? 



In this picture you can see the watercolor paper texture.

I just recently changed up the design, so now I have 2 choices going.


 I want to do more designs, like one with balloons instead of flowers, different shoes again, another style dress, etc. Also, I am toying with the idea of paintig another calendar for next year, but I haven't fully worked out what I want to do on it. I have an idea for a little children's book, too, that I had hoped I could get done before Christmas for my Grandkids, but I am beginning to think I won't get it finished by then...




No comments:

Post a Comment