Monday, February 24, 2020

February Art Update

Yes, I'm still alive, and still have art on my mind! February has been a busy month and my art had to take a backseat to other things going on in my life. My dear friend had a son getting married, and she asked me to sew her Mother of the Groom dress. Then , the mother of the girl he is marrying called and asked me to sew her Mother of the Bride dress! They were to be matching outfits and since both mothers live away from me, we had much measuring and planning to get done. I drove a distance to fit them both when I finally got to that point in the sewing, but they both live in different places so that took time to accomplish, also. But I finally got the clothes completed in good order!! It was a good feeling to be finished, and to know that my friends were happy with the results. The wedding was just Saturday, and I was happy to see both Mothers looked nice in their wedding attire!

I did get a new chalkboard scripture piece done on February 4. The white lettering was pretty lightly done and does not show up well in a color photo, so I did some editing and made it black and white so the words can be more easily read.



Another matter I had to get completed before being able to think of art was a computer project for another friend. Not too far into the process, our desktop crashed totally. This put off my friend's project being completed for a whole month! My husband and son had been wanting to put a computer together, so instead of buying one ready out of the box, they bought parts and assembled them, which entailed a lot of waiting for the different components to be delivered. But they finally got us up and running again. And I have successfully completed the project for my friend! Just mailed it off Saturday, on our way to the wedding!

 While I could not do computer work during this month, I got out my calligraphy pen and ink and did some practicing on lettering, which I have not done for many months. One of my nieces has a new baby and so I lettered a little 5x7 card with the newborn's name and a little watercolor airplane painting. The daddy is a pilot and they are decorating the nursery with airplane motifs, I heard. 








No comments:

Post a Comment