Sunday, March 24, 2019

March Miscellany

Springtime is coming!! 

New chalk art to share!

This scriptural admonition is SO Necessary to remember in family life, much less everywhere else. Sometimes it happens that the ones we love the most may upset us the most! 

I've painted lots of birthday cards this month, and my calligraphy skill is improving steadily. I have totally ruined some cards by smearing the wet ink, so I have had some triumphs AND disappointments this month. 

















Last thing to share in this post - - - I have finally began a new watercolor portrait, my first one in over a year. This will be of my son, using a photo I snapped several years ago of him holding a new baby goat over his shoulders. My son's blonde hair and the goat hair will really be challenging to me! Here are a few pictures of my progression. I am hoping to have this completed by the first week in April, but I have my doubts of meeting the deadline! If I can complete it, I will enter it in our local art show.







The reference photo was taken through our living room window.














No comments:

Post a Comment