Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
I have a new chalkboard art piece to share for this holiday. " 1Peter 4:8...and above all things have fervent charity among yourselves, for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." the Bible, KJV



I also have completed two more handpainted cards...


Among my stash of calligraphy things I found an ink that said it was waterproof. I used it on this red rose piece, and when I applied watercolor, the ink started to smear just slightly! So it gave everything a little blackish tint. I didn't think it was ruined, but I was disappointed to find that it was NOT waterproof. Glad I was not working on a large item where this may have ruined it!

After learning my ink was not waterproof, when I  drew out this next card I used my Micron ink marker. 

My Valentine gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers!

I have a piece of exciting news! I have sold my deer painting! I shipped it off to Georgia this morning. I am happy to report AGAIN that this watercolor painting won the blue ribbon in the watercolor division at the Oklahoma State Fair in 2018.



After framing it under glass, I had to tilt it slightly to take a photo without getting a glare. 
(I actually like it better not in the frame!)






No comments:

Post a Comment