Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Travel Journal- Cape Cod cont'd



More about Cape Cod!


After lunch, we went to the lighthouse that is pictured on the Cape Cod Potato Chip bags. It is called Nauset Light, and is on the beach at Eastham, on Cape Cod. We got there a little too late to tour the inside of the light. Right now, I don't remember if it was just closed for the day, or closed for the season. We walked around it, taking pictures as the sunset was coming on. My painting shows the bright yellow of the sunset on the side of the lighthouse. I had some trouble with this handmade paper coming apart on this page of my journal. The back side of the page has a lot of paint on it, and working on this side with water and color was about too much for the paper.

We had saved some of our french fries from lunch, and walking on down to the beach, Julia fed some of them to the seagulls. Another bit from her journal: "I didn't want sand in my shoes and socks, so I took them off. Wooooh! the sand was cold. The water was colder! At first the seagulls were not all together but when we gave one gull a fry, the rest came in a hurry! The ocean is fun to watch and if you stand there long enough, you can tell the tide is coming closer. Once I went too far out! So the ends of my skirt got wet and so did my poor feet. One guy was out surfing in a bodysuit. Every now and then we'd see a seal riding the waves before diving down again. That was cool. Finally I had to leave- my feet were sooo cold. I dusted them off, put my shoes and socks back on, and headed for the car. And we're back to traveling."




No comments:

Post a Comment