Saturday, October 13, 2018

2 Journal Pages- Cape Cod



Checking one item off my "bucket list" !!  Dear Husband knew I had always wanted to go to Cape Cod. On our vacation last fall he made it a priority that we would be there for a little while.

This cute seagull making footprints was on a sign in the Cape Cod potato chip factory parking lot. The kids really enjoyed going through the facility. The walls are glass so you can see the machines and people making the chips. No photography was allowed of the processes, but we did get some photos in the lobby. Julia added a marker on the visitor map- looks like we are the only family to have visited from our area!

Then, for lunch, we ate seafood at Spanky's Clam Shack, which is right on Hyannis Harbor. This restaurant is a six-time winner of the Best Seafood Restaurant in the Mid-Cape area. They boast locally caught and harvested seafood. I enjoyed a large basket of fried oysters- SO GOOD! I think I am the only one in our family that enjoys oysters. The tables had blue and white checked cloths which I tried to picture on this journal page at the bottom. We just barely missed a big disappointment as the restaurant was closing the next week for the winter season. 

From Julia's journal: "I ordered Cape Cod Fish and Chips. We got to sit next to a window. What beautiful, dark blue water, and bright blue sky! We watched a barge come in to dock. The docks are so pretty with the white ships."

More Cape Cod pages coming up when I post next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment